Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Paginating large tables within BIRT reports on the server side of a web application
avalencia
<p>We are developing a Java web application that integrates Eclipse BIRT reporting in HTML (we are not using BIRT Viewer Toolkit, but we plan to). </p><p> </p><p>Currently we are rendering exported HTML BIRT reports in our web application. These reports include tables that require filters, column ordering etc. and have over 100,000 registries which creates huge HTML reports very slow to open. Clearly the size of the tables is too large to open the HTML (that include all the data) when they are displayed in the client computers. Reports are increasingly slow to open and there are some limits in the size of the tables that we can show that we need to overcome.</p><p> </p><p>We would like to use BIRT viewer Toolkit and keep the data in the database of our web application server and have "progressive viewing" of the portion of the table that the user is viewing in the displayed report.</p><p> </p><p>Our idea is to break large tables down in pages which will be sent to the client on demand. I think it could be done with Birt Viewer Toolkit but I have a few questions:
Would it be possible to configure page break intervals in the tables and use Progressive Viewing functionality of Birt Viewer Toolkit to display the pages on demand. Does this toolkit allows us to chose which "page of a table" I want to render if the table is inside the "page of a report"? I have read that to use Progressive Viewing I have to implement Event Handlers in Java Classes. Could it be done with a Birt script?
I also wonder where I will locate my filtering plugin which I was executing from the client side. Do I have to implement it as an Event Handler as with the Progressive Viewing functionality?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks a lot for your help!</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet