Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Registering an emitter at runtime
voy
<p>Hi all,
I am integrating BIRT reporting into an existing J2EE application.
I would like to create a custom emitter.</p><p> </p><p>My question is, is it possible to pass the emitter to the reporting engine simply as an object during runtime? That is, I would like to do something like this:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">engine.setEmitter(new MyEmitter());</pre><p>where MyEmitter is an ordinary class inside our existing application.
The reason I am asking is that creating the emitter separately from our application, building it and putting the jar file into our META-INF/lib directory seems like a complicated workflow which is difficult to debug and maintain, and is quite out of line with how our application is structured.
Thanks in advance for any help!
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet