Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with error 404 - frameset not found
minthril
<p>Hello,</p><p>I am using tomcat 7 and eclipse Kepler with installed BIRT features.</p><p> </p><p>When I chose new project - Dynamic Web Project. In "target runtime" I set tomcat 7, project location is c:tomcatwebapsprojectDirectory. In "Configuration" I set "BIRT Reporting Web Project" (and in "modify" java to 1.6). Then I set to generate web.xml deployment descriptor (Content directory is: WebCOntent and Context root is folder/project name. Next I left xml configuration empty (img 1.png).
And after running index.jsp "welcome site" is loading (img 3.png) but when I press "View Example" i get error 404 (img 2.png).
I attempted to find out what can be the solution but I failed. Is here someone who knows what is wrong with my configuration?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Copy in the web.xml from the WebViewerExample. If you look at the web.xml that is created in your project, it's pretty much empty. You'll probably also have to switch from the internal browser to your default system browser or another.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps.</p>
minthril
<p>I entered tag like this (file and location/folder exist):
<jsp-config>
<taglib>
<taglib-uri>/birt.tld</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/birt.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>
</jsp-config>
Also tried in external browser.. Could you upload some xml file which is properly configured?
Thanks for help
</p>
mwilliams
<p>If you've downloaded the birt runtime, there is a WebViewerExample that has a web.xml in there. If you replace the generated web.xml with that in your Dynamic Web App, it should work. At least it did for me.
Let me know.</p>
minthril
<p>Yes!
That is solution for this error, now it runs properly. Thanks!</p>