Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Specifying Multiple Entries for BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER
dehuaste
<p>Hi Everyone,</p><p> </p><p>I'm very new to BIRT (implmenting 4.3 with Eclipse Kepler) and trying to integrate the runtime into our applications. I've started with one and was able to get this working by specifying the BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER to where our reports are stored relative to one outside application. Now I need to ensure it's available to more applications.</p><p> </p><p>My question is, am I able to add other project directories to this?</p><p> </p><p>Right now I have this..</p><p> </p><p><context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER</param-name>
<param-value>D:/Fully/qualified/app1/path/Reports/</param-value>
</context-param></p><p> </p><p>Is this permissible?...</p><p> </p><p><context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER</param-name>
<param-value>D:/Fully/qualified/app1/path/Reports/</param-value></p><p> <param-value>C:/Fully/qualified/app2/path/Reports/</param-value>
</context-param></p><p> </p><p>Any other "gotchas" to watch out for?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>I don't know that you'll be able to do that. I've never tried it though, so I could be wrong. There's no way you can have a central repository for reports? You could call them all from one viewer, easily with that setup.</p><p> </p><p>Another thought could be to write a Java class for each app to execute the designs into report documents (.rptdocument) in a centralized location and then use the viewer to render the document.</p>