Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using IDAPI to integrate to iHub3
grather
<p>I am trying to do some integration.</p><p>I would like to get a list of reports and execute a report.</p><p> </p><p>I am having issues . I see some using axis 1.4 and other google searches are talking about axis2</p><p> </p><p>So is Axis2 supported.</p><p> </p><p>Dealing with iHub3 where can I get documentation and hopefully a sample code to get started.</p><p> </p><p>I have found the wsdl at</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8000/wsdl/v11/axis/all'>http://localhost:8000/wsdl/v11/axis/all</a></p><p>or
even <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8000/wsdl/v11/axis/ExecuteReport'>http://localhost:8000/wsdl/v11/axis/ExecuteReport</a></p><p> </p><p>But
this seems to be old axis version.</p><p> </p><p>I am struggling here to figure out how to get started.</p><p> </p><p>And documentation on the IDAPI available for iHub3</p><p> </p><p>Gary Rather</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Hey Gary,</p><p> </p><p>You can find documentation on the iHub 3 in the Deployment Center - Deployment Guides section: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/deployment-center/deployment-guides/birt-ihub-and-javascript-api/'>http://developer.actuate.com/deployment-center/deployment-guides/birt-ihub-and-javascript-api/</a></p><p> </p><p>Documentation
for the IDAPI is in the last section of the guide. Let me know if you need more info.</p>
grather
<p>It been a week of working with iHub thatnks for the help. I have now been able to get a list of report, pass in parameters and execute the report. I can send it to PDF, Excel and or the Viewer now.</p><p> </p><p>So I have a pretty nice integration going.</p><p>I have used a combination of IDAPI and some JSAPI.</p><p> </p><p>I am using the ReportExecutor to execute the report.</p><p>Then get an objId and send the request to the rptdocument using a bit of javascript.</p><p>Thanks for all the help.</p><p> </p><p>Gary</p>
grather
<p>Some example Code. Hope it helps someone else.</p><p>To get a list of Reports</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Out on GitHub there are some extremely nice idapi-wrappers</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://github.com/puckpuck/idapi-wrapper'>https://github.com/puckpuck/idapi-wrapper</a></p><p> </p><p>Looks
like someone at Actuate keeps this up. Thank you.</p><p> </p><p>with this code. to get a list of Reports from the iHub3 server</p><p> </p><p>two lines of code.</p><p> ActuateServer ac = new ActuateServer();
ArrayList<com.actuate.schemas.File> reportfiles = ac.getListReports("","/Applications");</p><p> </p><p>then to execute a report</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> ReportExecuter reportExecuter = new ReportExecuter("<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8000/'>http://localhost:8000/</a>"
, "Administrator", "", "Default Volume"); </p><p> HashMap<String, String> parameters = new HashMap<String, String>();
parameters.put("employeeSelect", "1");</p><p> </p><p> String objId = reportExecuter.executeReport("/Applications/"+rptFullName,null,parameters );
</p><p> viewURL += "iv?__report=";
viewURL += URLEncoder.encode("/$$$Transient/", "UTF-8");
viewURL += objId + ".rptdocument&connectionHandle=";
viewURL += URLEncoder.encode(reportExecuter.getConnectionHandle(), "UTF-8");
viewURL += "&userid=" + "Administrator";
viewURL += "&password=" + "";
viewURL += "&volume=" + URLEncoder.encode("Default Volume", "UTF-8");
//String viewURL = StringUtils.escapeHtml(viewURL);</p><p> </p><p> // I use a jsp to then open this url</p><p> // But there is an openURL method I don't use that one
req.setAttribute("viewURL",viewURL);
//openURL(viewURL, req, res);
</p>
mwilliams
<p>Thanks for updating the thread. This might be helpful information for a devShare post, as well.
</p>