Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating a large number of documents with genReport.bat
aandras
<p>Hi community,</p><p> </p><p>I am trying to find some stable solution for generating few thousands of documents (up to 5000) in PDF format, using a birt template and a XML Data Source. Currently I am using the latest version of BIRT (4.3.2) on Windows Server 2008 R2. I already tried 2 ways - the first one using a web-based solution based on Apache Tomcat and the result was quite fast and the hardware requirements were not as major either. As a second try I used genReport.bat, which was started with different values in parameters (parameters were the same) for every document as a cycle. Creating documents in PDF this way, was way slower than the previous way, where I used the Apache Tomcat instead of genReport. Because I am trying to avoid using a web-based solution in this case, I wanted to ask you if there was not a solution for creating a large number of documents with using genReport, that would not have to start again with every document and multiple documents could have been created within one session?</p><p> </p><p>Thank you for any kind of answer. I really appreciate it.</p><p> </p><p>Adrian</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Instead of using genReport.bat, you could create your own Java class using the report engine to execute your designs.</p>