Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Print records down and accross in 2 columns
HSMorales
<p>I have a report with a dataset returned from a stored procedure.
The data set has 5000 rows with three fields : Car_No Empl_name Empl_Number.
I would like to print 2 columns (with all three fields in each) per page. The first column will have rows 1-43</p><p>and the second column will have rows 44-86. The next page will start with row 87 in the first column. How can I get my report to do this ??</p><p> </p><p>Car_No Empl_Name Empl_Number Car_No Empl_Name Empl_Number </p><p> 1 John 42 44 Joe 32
2 Jerry 34 45 Jane 22
3 Ken 12 46 Terry 65</p><p>Thanks fro your help</p><p>Henry Morales
Birt 3.7.0</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Grid with 2 columns and one row. In each you put the same table. Filter each table based on the row count and MOD arithmetic. </p>
HSMorales
<p>I tried this and it prints records 1,3,5,7,9, .... in column 1 and records 2,4,6,8,10, .... in column 2. I need my report to list records 1-43 in column 1 and 44-86 in column 2 in numerical order top to bottom. What should the Filter/MOD formula look like ?? Maybe that's my problem.</p>
HSMorales
<p>I am using Birt 3.7.0</p>
micajblock
<p>Take a look at this example from mwilliams.</p>
HSMorales
<p>It works great and does exactly ehat I need it to do. Thanks</p>
Ka Lai
<p>Hello Mica</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This looks great. But what if I don't know how many rows I need for the first column? I need to show my records in two column per page like in Word. I have a group title and records with date, name etc. Each group should be on a new column, but I don't know how many records per group exist.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help.</p>
micajblock
<p>The solution I provided requires the knowledge of the number of rows per column. Maybe using a secondary query to calculates this number. I am not aware of another solution. </p>