Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Remove supress duplicate columns TEXT
JDRoe
<p>I know about the "supress duplicates" option in a table which works fine for me if I the cell data is bound to a datasets column. </p><p>However is it possible to supress duplcates that contains a text element that is dynmically created from a dataset result?</p><p> </p><p>What I mean is for a tables cell in a row I have a Text element which looks like this:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint"><VALUE-OF>row["EPIC_KEY"]</VALUE-OF> - <VALUE-OF>row["NAME"]</VALUE-OF></pre><p>So the row might look like this:</p><div><pre class="_prettyXprint">REQ-003 - Define tags for a container list</pre><p>However I don't want to repeat this data if is duplicated, just make the next rows cell be blank.</p><p> </p><p>Any ideas would be appreciated. I've also attached a screen shot of how it is looking. (I also want to supress duplcates for the STORY column in the screen shot as well.</p></div><div> </div><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Is there a reason you are using a text element and not a data element with an expression?</p>
JDRoe
<p>No, no reason. I am not familiar with the data element. </p>
JDRoe
<p>wow -- that did it. </p><p>So by changing it to a data element and building the expression like this:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">dataSetRow["EPIC_KEY"] + " - " + dataSetRow["NAME"]</pre><p>The supress duplicates now works! Thanks for pointing out that data element.</p>
micajblock
<p>Your welcome. You should be using data elements by default.</p>
JDRoe
<p>Ah yes, I see now, when I drag the data set value over, it defaults to a data element. I didn't realize that I can edit it as needed. Good to know.</p>
micajblock
<p>You can also drag from the palette </p>