Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to add borders inside the birt table report
birtbeginner
<p>Dear all:</p><p>I am developing a birt tabular report and really want borders inside the detailed rows but don't know how to do it. I tried to add borders for the whole table using properties but the border only applies to outside of the table. If I select border for each cell then there's space between each cell. I did google it but found out the solution Jason suggested is set the properties as follows:</p><p>CellHandle cell = (CellHandle) tableheader.getCells( ).get( 0 );
cell.setProperty(StyleHandle.BORDER_BOTTOM_COLOR_PROP, "#000000");
cell.setProperty(StyleHandle.BORDER_BOTTOM_STYLE_PROP, "solid");
cell.setProperty(StyleHandle.BORDER_BOTTOM_WIDTH_PROP, "2px");</p><p> </p><p>I have no idea where and how to set the properties, can anyone give me some detailed guidances on that?</p><p>Thank you!</p><p>Maggie</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Are you using the designer? Or Java?</p>
birtbeginner
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="128397" data-time="1402001063"><div><p>Are you using the designer? Or Java?</p></div></blockquote><p>Thank you for replying my msg! Michael</p><p>I used designer and actually solved later just by creating a style with border and apply that to my report.</p><p>Now I have new problem coming in that has really blocked me. I tried to expand and collapse the report by a group.</p><p>I used some JAVAscript created by Jason, here's the original code:</p><p> </p><p><form></p><p><script></p><p>function hidetable(form, ord, rwcnt){</p><p> </p><p>//alert( document.getElementById(ord).style.display );</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>var hide = false;</p><p>var btnstr = "mybutton"+ord;</p><p> </p><p>if( document.getElementById(ord).style.display == 'block' || document.getElementById(ord).style.display == ""){</p><p>document.getElementById(ord).style.display = 'none';</p><p>document.getElementById(btnstr).value = "+";</p><p>//form.btnstr.value = "+";</p><p>hide = true;</p><p>}else{</p><p>document.getElementById(ord).style.display = 'block';</p><p>document.getElementById(btnstr).value = "-";</p><p>//form.btnstr.value = "-";</p><p>hide = false;</p><p>}</p><p>for( i=0; i< rwcnt; i++ ){</p><p>var drow = ord+""+i;</p><p>if( document.getElementById(drow)){</p><p>if( hide ){</p><p>document.getElementById(drow).style.display = 'none';</p><p>}else{</p><p>document.getElementById(drow).style.display = 'block';</p><p>}</p><p>}</p><p>}</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>}</p><p> </p><p></script></p><p> </p><p><INPUT Type="BUTTON" name=<VALUE-OF>"mybutton"+row["ORDERNUMBER"]</VALUE-OF> Value="-" onClick='hidetable( this.form, <VALUE-OF>row["ORDERNUMBER"]</VALUE-OF>, <VALUE-OF>row["Aggregation"]</VALUE-OF> )'></INPUT> <VALUE-OF>row["ORDERNUMBER"]</VALUE-OF></p><p><script></p><p>hidetable( this.form, <VALUE-OF>row["ORDERNUMBER"]</VALUE-OF>, <VALUE-OF>row["Aggregation"]</VALUE-OF> );</p><p></script></p><p> </p><p></form></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>I copied and pasted the code and the only difference I made is to change the script part by switching [OrdrNumber] in the original code to my column name [state_name]. But it didn't work for me.</p><p>I debugged a little and foud out that the hidetable()function never get called. The only difference here is the datatype. [Ordernumber] is an integer and my state_name is a string</p><p>Any idea why? I will open new post for that.</p><p>Thank you!</p><p>Maggie</p>
mwilliams
<p>Sorry for the delay in response. Did you get a solution to your issue?</p>
prpundge
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT(4- version)</p>
<p>I Have a list ,</p>
<p> In that list setted the values using Display( inline) in the Detail row of the list</p>
<p>Now I need to place the border of each column </p>
<p>If Column is empty I no need to display the border with cell </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Reply to mail naresh.amarthaluru@gmail.com</p>