Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Managing translations files
ShlomiW
<p>Hi all,</p><p> </p><p>I would like to know if there is any way to export my translation (.properties) files to a an excel (or some thing like it) file.</p><p> </p><p>So that I will be able send it to a translator in order to add a new language.</p><p> </p><p>For I know I have a translation in English and Hebrew, I would like to be able to export it to a format that init my translator will be convenient to see the String KEY and the English translation, in order to write the "right" translation.</p><p> </p><p>Thank in advance to all</p><p>Shlomi</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Do a string replace of = to comma. Open in excel (it will be a comma delimited) save as Excel. Although I do not see how an Excel file is more useful than a properties file. </p>
micajblock
<p>Also properties files nee to be ascii (not Unicode) so you need to be careful.</p>
ShlomiW
<p>I would like to be able to export all existing languages, pass the exported file to a translator and to get in return a "new" file with a new language.</p><p> </p><p>Example:</p><p>now I have 2 translation files (Default with English translation and Hebrew).</p><p>I would like to have the ability to export all this data to excel so it would look like that:</p><p> </p><p> Key Default Hebrew </p><p>hello Hello u05e9u05dcu05d5u05dd</p><p> day Day u05d9u05d5u05dd</p><p> </p><p>Now I can take this file and sent it to the translator and in return I will get a "new" excel file with the "new" language ("French" for example), l<span style="font-size:14px;">ike that:</span></p><p> </p><p> Key Default Hebrew French</p><p>hello Hello u05e9u05dcu05d5u05dd Bonjour</p><p> day Day u05d9u05d5u05dd Jour</p><p> </p><p>and that I will be able to import this excel file to eclipse in order to add to it the "new" language.</p><p> </p><p>Again the file can be in any format, but I would like it to include ALL languages.</p><p>So I will be able to control all languages in one file.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks again</p><p>Shlomi</p>
micajblock
<p>So the benefit is just management, right? Because you can't use the excel file for translation. To my knowledge there is no such tool.</p>