Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Heap space issue
bhushanbn
<p>I'm trying to generate a PDF file using BIRT 4.3 runtime libraries (Java).</p><p>But am facing[color=#ff0000;] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space [/color]issue. This is only when I execute the report through application. But the same when I preview in designer, the report is generated. </p><p>I tried increasing heap space but has no effect.</p><p>App Server used is Tomcat 6.0</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>What are you upping the heap space to and where are you putting this at?</p>
bhushanbn
<div>-Xms512m </div><div>-Xmx1024m</div><div> </div><div>These are the parameters added to increase heap space in eclipse where TOMCAT server is configured .</div><div> </div><div>Another thing I noticed is that after degrading the BIRT Runtime from version 4.3.1 to 3.7.1 this issue is not occured.</div><div>So what I suspect is that the issue is with the version 4.3.1. Is it correct?</div>
mwilliams
<p>I hadn't noticed it, myself, but it's possible. Have you tried with 4.3.2? If not, could you? Then, if you see the same, file a bug in the bugzilla at eclipse.org/birt/community/.</p>