Birt 2.1.2 Printing multiple copies of labels

haclausen
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi</p><p>We have a Birt report for printing labels from the Maximo inventory list screen.</p><p>The user simply chooses the criterias for the list and then select the label report. Which will then print one label for each item.</p><p> </p><p>Now some users has requested that they would like a few extra labels for each item, they suggested the quantity on hand until a quantity of 4 and above which maximum would print 4 labels.</p><p> </p><p>Is there any way in Birt to set the number of copies to print programmatically?</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p> </p><p>Alfred</p><p> </p>

Comments

• <p>I do not have such an old version of BIRT but you can build a scripted data source that just returns number of row based on parameter, then place you label in a table from the scripted data source.</p>
  • <p>Here is some SQL that might help or at least get you thinking (Oracle)</p><p>SELECT INVENTORY.ITEMNUM, ITEM.DESCRIPTION, INVENTORY.ISSUEUNIT, 'BIN: ' ||INVENTORY.BINNUM as binnum, curbal, repeat
    FROM ITEM, INVENTORY,INVBALANCES,(select rownum repeat from dual CONNECT BY Level <=(select case  when max(curbal) > 4 then 4 END from invbalances))rep
    WHERE INVENTORY.ITEMNUM = ITEM.ITEMNUM and INVBALANCES.itemnum = ITEM.ITEMNUM
    and INVENTORY.SITEID = INVBALANCES.SITEID
    and INVBALANCES.curbal >= rep.repeat
    order by item.itemnum, inventory.binnum</p>
  • <p>Thanks to both of you.</p><p>I can see of your answers that Birt doesn't have a function from wich I can control how many copies get printed but instead work with the queries.</p><p> </p><p>At least I know where to start working :)</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p> </p><p>Alfred</p>
  • <p>This is not a function of BIRT but a function of the printer. BIRT (and Maximo) have no control of your printer. When you export to PDF  you can print and in that dialog you can elect number of copies.</p>
  • <p>Yes you are right and with a normal report the users do it that way. Unfortunately in this case someone had decided that when the list screen in Maximo has a lot of items  he had to choose some of the items more than once to get the extra labels he needed.</p><p>He then suggested that it would save him a lot of time to get them auto printed and thats where I come in.</p><p> </p><p>If he would have asked for 2 labes each time I would just have created the label report 4 inches high instead of 2 inches and then created two labels on top of each other and let the second spill over on the next page. That would have solved that problem.</p><p> </p><p>I guess I had hoped for an easy solution.</p><p>Thanks for your answer.</p><p>Alfred</p>
  • <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="haclausen" data-cid="128320" data-time="1401732091">
    <div>
    <p>Hi</p>
    <p>We have a Birt report for printing labels from the Maximo inventory list screen.</p>
    <p>The user simply chooses the criterias for the list and then select the label report. Which will then print one label for each item.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Now some users has requested that they would like a few extra labels for each item, they suggested the quantity on hand until a quantity of 4 and above which maximum would print 4 labels.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Is there any way in Birt to set the number of copies to print programmatically?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Regards</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Alfred</p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Hi Alfred, </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I am fairly new to BIRT Reporting and in need of creating a <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Birt report for printing labels from the Maximo inventory list screen. I have tried creating a new report using Tivoli Maximo Group Template and List Template but not able to obtain the required format. Could you please help me with some pointers to get me started? Thanks a lot.</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Regards,</p>
    <p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Padma.</span></p>
  • <p>Another option is to have a report with a parameter for number of copies (this will work for all labels). See attached.</p>