Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to set one variable in multiple reports
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have created a landing page, from where I can visit different reports. I have created icons on main landing page and clicking on an icon will take the page to the specific dashboard/report. I have also given a link on each dashboard to take the user back to the main landing page</p><p> </p><p>Everytime a user starts a session, I have included a data viewing agreement on main page and after a user clicks on I agree, I should the icons to view the dashboards. If the user does not click on I agree button, I have hidden the rest of content on the main page</p><p> </p><p>The current issue is that everytime a user visits main page, he has to agree to the terms. What I want is to set a variable for each session so that if a user agrees first time and visits a dashboards and then comes back to the landing page (main dashboard), the report can use a variable to see if the user has already agreed, then do not show agreement button and show the content of dashboard</p><p> </p><p>However, for each new session, the user has to agree to these terms. So I want to set a variable for each session</p><p> </p><p>Can someone please tell me how can I create such a variable that can be used during the session that a user is logged in so that I can check the variable and then decide whether to show or not the agreemnt button</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>From what it sounds like, you could use a hidden parameter on the sub reports. Then, when the user clicks on of the icons you can pass the value of accepted/not accepted to the other reports. Do you need to use a session variable or would some approach like this work for you?</p>