Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data queries BIRT does in the background?
krete
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>I am new to BIRT (testing open source) and I really would like to now, that when i create data set like " select * from dbo.Sales". And then I create chart, where I summarize data for example i show Year and Sum of Sales, then when I look to the database the query is still the same. Who BIRT does these summarizes? Does it retrieve all data and then inside BIRT does the calculations? Can I see somewhere what kind of SQL it does, when in chart I summarize data?</p><p> </p><p>Please maybe you could help?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>In Open Source BIRT the query is always what you have in the data set editor. In Actuate BIRT (commercial) there is way to dynamically change queries based on content of charts and/or tables.</p>
krete
<p>Thank you so much!</p>
krete
<p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]"In Actuate BIRT (commercial) there is way to dynamically change queries based on content of charts and/or tables." - Do you have any reference how to do this?[/color]</p>
micajblock
<p>It depends on the data source.</p>