CSV data extraction extension
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;">We are in the process of rewriting our reporting application and have moved from the web viewer that was deployed, to having BIRT integrated within our application. Works great, and does what we wanted.</p><p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">[font="Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;"]Our users are expecting the same functionality of the "Export Data" option that came with the viewer however. And I'm not completely familiar with all the inner workings of BIRT and don't think I can just dive in and get it done in time. Our last outstanding task is to duplicate the export options from the viewer and our application will be done.[/font]</p><p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">[font="Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;"]In the "Integrating and Extending BIRT, 3rd Edition"[/font] book, chapter 21 discusses developing a data extraction extension, but it's all for XML extraction plugin within Eclipse, we need CSV and need to do it [color=rgb(34,34,34);]programmatically.[/color]</p><p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">Are there any examples out there, or does anyone know if I can just grab the code from source? We can't be the only ones that need to duplicate the functionality.</p>