Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Report Viewer Formatting Issue
megabri
<p>Does anyone know why when I run my report in BIRT report viewer it seems to not taking formatting into account (adds extra lines and carriage returns) but when I generate it as a PDF it's totally fine?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>can you provide more detail? Fixed layout or auto layout? Are you using a Text element? What formatting is being ignored?</p>
megabri
<p>Sure. I've tried running the report in fixed and auto lay out. I'm using labels and data elements. I'll attach pictures. The PDF is how it should look. The image is how the BIRT report viewer looks. The BIRT report view has huge spaces in the top section for some reason.</p>
micajblock
<p>Change in the preferences so it goes to an external browser and see what it does then.</p>
megabri
<p>Same result
. Any idea why it's doing that?</p>
micajblock
<p>No idea without looking at the design. At this point what I would suggest is to put colored borders around all you sections that way you can find the section that is the culprit for the extra space.</p>
megabri
<p>I'll try that and in the mean time here's the design file.</p>
megabri
<p>When I color it like you said it seems to be happening with Section1's rows. </p>
micajblock
<p>OK, I took a quick look, and my guess is that HTML is not as accurate with sizes as PDF. You have a page that is 8.5 inches wide with .25 inch margin on each side that leaves 8 inches. Your grids (which is nested in a table detail row) total exactly 8 inches. Even though there are no margins or padding this is cutting it close. Try making the grid a bit smaller. </p>
megabri
<p>I found my issue. The section1 table accidentally had a height set. Once i cleared it it fixed it. Thanks!</p>