Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to access global persistent variables inside HTML5 chart scripting
BIRT User
<p>Hi,</p><p>How to access global persistent variables inside chart scripting methods for HTML5 charts.</p><p> </p><p>In SVG chart type, we have a parameter 'icsc' from which we can access the global variable values using the below code.</p><p> </p><p>[color=#0000ff;]<strong>icsc.getExternalContext().getScriptable().getPersistentGlobalVariable("var1");</strong>[/color]</p><p> </p><p>I couldn't find the same in HTML5 charts. </p><p> </p><p>Please help me how to access the global variables in <strong>'</strong><strong>beforeGeneration', </strong><strong>'beforeDrawDataPoint'</strong> methods of HTML5 charts. </p><p> </p><p><strong>Note:</strong> I am using Actuate iHub3.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Ragu</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>It's still there, you just don't see it in the helper. I just used it to change the title of my chart, so it works. Let me know if it's not working for you.</p>
BIRT User
<p>Thanks Williams for your reply.</p><p> </p><p>I will try to implement it and let you know if I face any issues.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Sounds good.
</p>