Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Recommended way of handling different customers for same dashboards?
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have created a set of dashboards that will be used by multiple customers with their data. The requirement is that after each set of customers log on to dashboards, they are taken to their set of dashboards only and not be able to see the data of other customers</p><p> </p><p>What I have in mind is that create a single database and put all customers data in it. Create a tenant id for each customer in tables to distinguish each customer. Create a user table to join with the data so that each user is associated with its relevant customer data</p><p> </p><p>when the user visits the dashboard, send the user as parameter to restrict the data</p><p> </p><p>I am not completely sure how to do this but given my current experience with Birt, I am confident that we must be able to do this. However, I would first like to hear the views of experieced developers here so that I only proceed with the method that are best suited for such scenarios</p><p> </p><p>P.S: I am talking about Birt OS only and not the Birt commercial</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>If you're creating a login page for the user then you could parameterize the query in each of your dashboards leaving the security up to your database. This way you'd just need to pass the username and pass (encrypted) to each report. Then I think you could do a check to see if anything rendered in your dashboard and display some kind of "you're not authorized to view this" message. I know that's pretty conceptual so let me know if you want me to work out some sample code with you.
</p>