Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
"Render report failed." after first deployment
paul.mariage
<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>I'm currently trying to install Actuate BIRT viewer in my web application. </p><p>I managed to import the viewer in eclipse, to link it with my application and to start the viewer. </p><p> </p><p>But when i went to the landing page, i had an error with the test.rptdesign.</p><p> </p><p>I thaugh i made a mistake, so i tried to launch Actuate BIRT viewer alone, but i had the same error.</p><p> </p><p>Then, i tried without eclipse, launching directly Tomcat and deploying the viewer alone, but i have the same error :</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Render report failed.</p><p> </p><p>There is no more information about the error.</p><p> </p><p>What is my mistake?</p><p> </p><p>Thank you</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>What version of Tomcat, version of JVM, and what OS did you test with?</p><p> </p><p>Do you encounter the "Render report failed" error on the BIRT Viewer Toolkit home page (replace ActuateBIRTViewer with your context path)?</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8080/ActuateBIRTViewer'>http://localhost:8080/ActuateBIRTViewer</a></p><p> </p><p>Can
you get to the test report directly?</p><p> </p><p>With toolbars and pagination:</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8080/ActuateBIRTViewer/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign'>http://localhost:8080/ActuateBIRTViewer/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign</a></p><p> </p><p>HTML:</p><p><a
data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://localhost:8080/ActuateBIRTViewer/run?__report=test.rptdesign'>http://localhost:8080/ActuateBIRTViewer/run?__report=test.rptdesign</a></p>
;
kclark@psgc-llc.com
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Good Morning! Having SOMEWHAT of the same problem.</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Have been working with BIRT Eclipse for about a year, but only in the developer tool. I now want to share reports using the BIRT Viewer Toolkit</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I installed Tomcat 8.0.9 on. I was able to successfully reach the Welcome screen.</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I then installed the WL_TOMCAT_ActuateBIRTViewer.WAR file (no config changes that I saw needed to be changed) by shutting down Tomcat, copying the war file to the webapps directory (renamed to birt) and restarting Tomcat.</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I can successfully get to the report Toolkit Welcome page, but when I click on either of the two sample links, I get a java.lang.NullPointerException</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">In the Catalina log, there are two lines:</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">01-Jul-2014 08:04:25.894 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-6] com.actuate.iportal.VolumeProfileManager.setupProfile Exception: filePath=null message:null</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">01-Jul-2014 08:04:25.894 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-6] com.actuate.iportal.VolumeProfileManager.<init> default volume profile is not set in null</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Is there any other information that you need to help?</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thanks,</div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Keith</div>
Clement Wong
<p>Paul, did you still need assistance?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Keith, I've responded to your same question in the other thread (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34234-birt-viewer-toolkit-frameset-does-not-work'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34234-birt-viewer-toolkit-frameset-does-not-work</a>).</p>
;