Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
date format is changing while opening CSV report into Excel
ashish13
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I am using BIRT 2.2.2. I have designed the CSV report where i have defined the custom date format to yyyy-MM-dd. When i am opening the report in textpad, i am getting the date in defined format, but when i am opening the report into Excel, i am getting the date in dd/MM/yyyy format.</p><p> </p><p>Is there any way, so that i can get the date in defined format in Excel also.</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p>Ashish</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>as far as I know, that not possible because it is the way Excel works.</p><p> </p><p>Excel applies the defautl locale when you load data (date format, currency....).</p><p>If you want to keep yours, you have to change it in Excel before loading or specify when you import your csv</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/internationalization-HA104061425.aspx#_Toc355946953'>Here
are a link which explain everything</a></p>