Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
retrieve username from session in dataset
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>In my dataset, I would liek to have a query like</p><p> </p><p>select * from students</p><p>where username = ?session_user?</p><p> </p><p>Can someone please help me how can I retrieve the user from session into this query</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>what kind of verison of BIRT are you using ?</p><p> </p><p>If it's Eclipse BIRT (=BIRT OpenSource), you can simply use a parameter.</p><p> </p><p>Create a new report parameter and when you call the report from your java class/URL or whatever, just pass the session_user name.</p><p>Use this new information inside your query, report like a normal parameter</p>
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Many thanks for the reply. I have one more question. Is it possible to pass the parameter as a hidden value so that the user does not see the long list of parameters (If I am passing multiple parameters)?</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Syed</p>
GLO_FR
<p>With a simple URL ? Not really.</p><p> </p><p>Probably with session variable (I have to check)</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>yes it's possible with session variable.</p><p>Just set "<strong>yoursessionvar</strong>" in in your web page and, in the report, create a parameter and set the default value to</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getSession().getAttribute("yoursessionvar");</pre><p>and that's it.</p>
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I am sorry I am a bit unclear about this area and I really appreciate the help that you are providing. Can you please explain in which webpage can we set the <strong><span>yoursessionvar</span></strong> and what is the syntax going to be for this?</p><p> </p><p>One again, many thanks for your time and help</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Arif</p>
Arif shah
<p>I have not embedded/integrated the Birtviewer into any application and I am using it as a standalone app. I have used tomcat form based authentication to secure the report. How would I set the session variable in this case?</p><p> </p><p>Arif</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi again</p><p> </p><p>Here is a compete example (jsp+design)</p><p> </p><p>Deploy the 2 jsp files on your TOMCAT</p><p>Deploy the 2 rptdesign in the TOMCAT ressource folder <span style="font-size:14px;">(maybe change a little bit the </span><span style="font-size:14px;">session_child.</span><span style="font-size:14px;">jsp to have the correct path)</span></p><p> </p><p>connect to to the session_main.jsp page, and follow the link</p>
Arif shah
<p>Many thanks for the help. I have now started to grab the idea how it works. In my case, I have created a login form that accepts username and password and in action I have used <strong>j_security_check</strong>, Its a very simple user login form. My question is whether its possible to update j_security_check action so that after the security is checked, it sets the parameter before running the report</p><pre class="_prettyXprint"><form method="POST" action="j_security_check"><table> <tr> <td colspan="2">Login to the Tomcat-Demo application:</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Name:</td> <td><input type="text" name="j_username" /></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Password:</td> <td><input type="password" name="j_password"/ ></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="Go" /></td> </tr></table></form></pre><p>I somehow would like the j_security_check to run below before executing the report</p><pre class="_prettyXprint"><% session.setAttribute("myName",request.getParameter("user"));%></pre><p>Regards</p><p>Arif</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Do you call the report with java or create a redirection to an URL?</p>