Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Viewer's handling of UTF8 __title
sebif
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I'm passing:</p><p>__title==日本_Realtime Sales Report</p><p> </p><p>to the viewer but in the browser I get a different label displayed:</p><p>=æ¥æ¬_Realtime Sales Report</p><p> </p><p>All other things display properly except the title, as shown in the attachment.</p><p> </p><p>Any ideas?</p><p> </p><p>Thank you.</p><p>/s</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>What is your BIRT version? If I pass that value through the URL, it appears properly for me in Chrome, FF, and IE.</p>
sebif
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Hi Michael,[/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Thank you for your quick answer.[/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I'm on BIRT 4.3.2 and tried with FF 24.6 & [color=rgb(48,57,66);font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;]Chrome 35.0.1916.153 and got the same results.[/color][/font]</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]/s[/font]</span></p><div> </div><p>PS: If I test with the outofthebox report I still see the same issue:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://localhost:7777/test-reporting/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&__title=日本&__locale=ja_JP&__toolbar=true'>https://localhost:7777/test-reporting/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&__title=日本&__locale=ja_JP&__toolbar=true</a></p><p> </p><p>see
attachement.</p><div>[sharedmedia=core:attachments:10211]</div>
mwilliams
<p>Ah. I was using an older version. I just tried with 4.3.2 and saw the same as you. Could you download 4.4.0 (was just released yesterday) and see if it has the same issue? If it does, please file a bug for this in the bugzilla.</p>
sebif
<p>Thank you! Will try 4.4 and post the results.</p><p> </p><p>Do you know by any chance if the language packs have been released as well for the viewer?</p><p> </p><p>Update: I see <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php</a>
; but only BIRT 4.3.0 is listed. </p><p>Can those be used with 4.4?</p>
sebif
<p>I've tested with 4.4 and the issue is still present. Could it be related to the language pack jars not being at the latest version but rather 4.3.0?</p><p> </p><p>I opened a bug for it: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=438284'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=438284</a></p>
;
mwilliams
<p>You could try the 4.3 language pack with 4.3.2 and 4.4 to see if it works. I don't know that that's the issue though. Have you tried using the BIRT Viewer Toolkit?</p><p> </p><p>The link to the bugzilla can be found on the community page of the eclipse.org/birt site.
</p>