Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
There is an error in loading files of data set cache
cathyb
<p>I am trying to modify a BIRT report that I am not familiar with. When I try and bring in the .rptdesign file so that I can make my modifications, I receive this message: </p><p><span class='bbc_underline'>List WorkOrderList:</span></p><p>+There is an error in loading files of data set cache. (Element ID:2251)</p><p> </p><p>I have never worked with Lists before. In the past, by BIRT reports have been very simplistic.</p><p> </p><p>Any help would be appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you post the rptdesign for me to look at? Thanks!</p>
cathyb
<p>Here is the .rptdesign file
rgleason
<p>You might try going into each data set in your design, and preview the data. Depending on the query and parameters, you may not actually get data, but it'll ensure that data is available to the report data bindings. Once you do this, go through the report and refresh your data bindings. Check around in your outline view for any red 'x' indicators and attend to those. This should clear up any cached dependencies in the datasets. If not, try starting BIRT clean from the command line.</p><p> </p><p>I've downloaded and looked at your report and see nothing out of the ordinary, however withough connection to your data source I really can't do much more. If you'd like to send a copy of your dev-database I can import it into my SQL Server and give it a shot. But I am running a newer version of BIRT as compared to your design.</p><p> </p><p>...my 2 cents.</p><p> </p><p>RG</p>