Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
custom menu items, impersonation
nipper
I have a custom menu that traverse the directory structure, grabbing DCRs, slurping them in, if s/$this/$that/ happened, writing it out.
The problem is that iwui needs world write access to do this.
iwui is a member of the group (secondary group not Primary) which has write access to the file, but no go. If I give world write, it works.
There is a devnet article named:
Custom Menu CGI Programs Cannot Access Files
which looks like it address my problem, but it is pretty sparse on the details.
Anyone use this to have iwui impersonate the user executing the CGI ?
I would have thought the sample cgi (show_env) would use this feature but it does not.
Tips/pointers/RTFMs appreciated, (just don't call me a girl, Smitty) :-)
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Are you unable to do a setuid and run the script as root?
**** the luck - I thought you were Andy McDowell...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
Set UID scripts are not popular here.
ANyway I did get it working. Since I have a CGI that kicks off a second CGI (and that is the one I want running as me anyway). So I modifed the button definition to run as such:
<FORM name="doit" action=/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/complete_change.cgi METHOD="POST">
& it works great. The document talks about sending "session information" to and from the script, which I am not doing, but it works.
Andy
james1
By default, your custom menu item CGI should already be impersonating the current WebDesk [Pro] user.
The DevNet article to which you refer is telling you what you must do if you want subsequent hits on your CGI (from your CGI) to also undergo impersonation.
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering