Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt 3.7.1 on Linux Machine
kalpana5
<p>Hi ,</p><p> </p><p>I am trying to copy my Birt Folder from Windows OS ( whcih was working fine) to another machine which has Linux as OS. Please let me know if that can be done. It was giving following error as below .</p><p> </p><p>Error on Linux Machine</p><p> </p><p>[color=#800000;]Archive: /home/Downloads/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.exe<br />
[/home/Downloads/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.exe]<br />
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not<br />
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the<br />
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on<br />
the last disk(s) of this archive.<br />
note: /home/Downloads/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive<br />
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/Downloads/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.exe or<br />
/home/Downloads/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/Downloads/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.BIRT.3.7.1-Report-Designer/eclipse.exe.ZIP, period.[/color]<br />
</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Do I need to install Birt 3.7.1 whcih works on Linux OS. Please suggest your inputs.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p><em>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]>> Do I need to install Birt 3.7.1 whcih works on Linux OS. [/color]</em></p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]Yes.[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]You can copy your workspace without problem, but all the Eclispe/BIRT executable have to be those for Linux[/color]</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GLO_FR" data-cid="129133" data-time="1404395626"><div><p><em>[font="'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);"]>> Do I need to install Birt 3.7.1 whcih works on Linux OS. [/font]</em></p><p>[font="'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);"]Yes.[/font]</p><p> </p><p>[font="'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);"]You can copy your workspace without problem, but all the Eclispe/BIRT executable have to be those for Linux[/font]</p></div></blockquote><p>Thank You for the inputs , could you please let me know how can I do all Eclipse/Birt executable files to be those of Linux.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Just DL the Eclipse BIRT for Linux here <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/</a> and
install it.</p><p>That's it</p>
kalpana5
<p>Installed eclipse as above , but when I try to start eclipse it is indicating jvm terminated error as below. Could you please shed your inputs. Thanks!</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>JVM terminated. Exit code=13
/usr/bin/java
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-jar /home//Downloads/birt-report-designer-all-in-one-linux-gtk-3_7_1/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86
-showsplash
-launcher /home//Downloads/birt-report-designer-all-in-one-linux-gtk-3_7_1/eclipse/eclipse
-name Eclipse
--launcher.library /home//Downloads/birt-report-designer-all-in-one-linux-gtk-3_7_1/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.100.v20110505/eclipse_1407.so
-startup /home//Downloads/birt-report-designer-all-in-one-linux-gtk-3_7_1/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
--launcher.overrideVmargs
-exitdata 1e0020
-vm /usr/bin/java
-vmargs
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-jar /home//Downloads/birt-report-designer-all-in-one-linux-gtk-3_7_1/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar</p>
GLO_FR
<p>This is a JVM error, nothing related to BIRT.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=BIRT+JVM+terminated.+Exit+code=13'>Here
you should find your answer</a></p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GLO_FR" data-cid="129151" data-time="1404460992"><div><p>This is a JVM error, nothing related to BIRT.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=BIRT+JVM+terminated.+Exit+code=13'>Here
you should find your answer</a></p></div></blockquote><p>Will try . Thank You!</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kalpana5" data-cid="129186" data-time="1404739160"><div><p>Will try . Thank You!</p></div></blockquote><p>Thank you for the inputs, the mistake I have done was downloaded the eclipse version for Linux, whcich did not suited the bit version of the Linux system, later realized after searching through google . </p>
kclark
<p>What distro are you using? FWIW I've had some weird problems with xulrunner, so I had to make sure to go out to an external browser when viewing reports. So far it's been this way for me on CentOS, Mint, Ubuntu, and Fedora.</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="129193" data-time="1404749882"><div><p>What distro are you using? FWIW I've had some weird problems with xulrunner, so I had to make sure to go out to an external browser when viewing reports. So far it's been this way for me on CentOS, Mint, Ubuntu, and Fedora.</p></div></blockquote><p>Hi ,</p><p> </p><p>I was using GNU/Linux .I am in the process of connecting to the database right now, will run the work order details report and will keep you posted, how it went thanks for sharing the information.</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kalpana5" data-cid="129197" data-time="1404753097"><div><p>Hi ,</p><p> </p><p>I was using GNU/Linux .I am in the process of connecting to the database right now, will run the work order details report and will keep you posted, how it went thanks for sharing the information.</p></div></blockquote><p>I am facing the same situation, when I try to run a report, it is erroring out with a message could not detect registered XULRunner. Could you please suggest how you were using external browser to view the output, I am not much familiar with this methodology.</p><p> </p><p>Thank You!</p>
kclark
<p>If you go to Window > Preferences > Report Design > Preview > Always use external browsers. Also, I came across a thread a while back that made it sound like you can download and compile a specific version of XULRunner to get the default browser in eclipse working, but I've not been able to get it to work. I'll see if I can find the thread again and link you to it.</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="129199" data-time="1404754418"><div><p>If you go to Window > Preferences > Report Design > Preview > Always use external browsers. Also, I came across a thread a while back that made it sound like you can download and compile a specific version of XULRunner to get the default browser in eclipse working, but I've not been able to get it to work. I'll see if I can find the thread again and link you to it.</p></div></blockquote><p>Thank You!</p>
kclark
<p>You're welcome! I've tried rebuilding XULRunner per some guides online but haven't got it working yet. Maybe someone else out there knows how to do this, but outside of that the easiest workaround seems to be using an external browser.</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="129363" data-time="1405343104">
<div>
<p>You're welcome! I've tried rebuilding XULRunner per some guides online but haven't got it working yet. Maybe someone else out there knows how to do this, but outside of that the easiest workaround seems to be using an external browser.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Thank you for passing on the information, as per your inputs I have been using external browser.</p>