Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt parameter default value to a column (dynamic)
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have created a date parameter and added as a filter in a dataset. Now I would like the report to run the last available date as a default. I am not sure whether I can set the default value of date parameter to the max date of the date column or I should do this in data set but in either cases, I don't know how to do this.</p><p> </p><p>Can someone please guide how to do this</p><p> </p><p>1) Setting the default value of parameter to max date of the column (not sure how to do this as I cannot get the max aggregation function inside the expression and also cannot get the date column binding for default value expression)</p><p> </p><p>2) Set default filter to max date in data set but again not sure how to do this</p><p> </p><p>Your help will be greatly appreciated</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Do you want a parameter (can be set by user) or do you want that the report ALWAYS uses the last date of something ?</p>
Arif shah
<p>The parameter can be set by user, but by default it should be set to the last date available in the date column</p><p> </p><p>Arif</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>that's not possible OOTB, the only way to do it is to build a custom parameter page </p>
Arif shah
<p>Basically if the user does not select any parameter, the report should run to the last available date. I have some familiarity with custom parameter page but how do we manipulate dataset and columns data in it?</p><p> </p><p>Syed</p>