Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Merge Multiple .rptdesign files into one Report
jjames33589
<p>Hi I have a program that generates variable amounts of reports and right now I'm using the MergePDFs example to put these reports into one PDF but doing it this way makes it hard to create a good TOC with Bookmarks and also results in wrong page numbers because each report is rendered before it's put into the PDF</p><p> </p><p>I've seen a couple discussions about a way to do this in Birt before rendering the report as a pdf but haven't found any solutions. Is this possible or how is the best way to go about it? Is it possible to append one .rptdesign file to another one programmatically? </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>I don't think there's any other solution to this currently besides taking the designs and copying the contents into a single design. You'll probably need to use the APIs to access the designs and merge them with your own custom code. If I see anything around that does what you're looking for, I'll pass it along.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Here is a bug report on the subject that you could vote for and comment on.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=205265'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=205265</a></p>
;
BDCwoodardbarnes
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="129207" data-time="1404762411">
<div>
<p>I don't think there's any other solution to this currently besides taking the designs and copying the contents into a single design. You'll probably need to use the APIs to access the designs and merge them with your own custom code. If I see anything around that does what you're looking for, I'll pass it along.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Sorry for being thick, but when you say "copying the contents" are you speaking of the XML source from the individual rptdesigns?</p>
mwilliams
I meant from the GUI. If you did it with the XML Source, it'd take a long time to set everything up properly in the merge.
BDCwoodardbarnes
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="129655" data-time="1406348478">
<div>
<p>I meant from the GUI. If you did it with the XML Source, it'd take a long time to set everything up properly in the merge.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>OKay! Got it.</p>
mwilliams
Great. Let us know whenever you have questions.