Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting up background images on master pages dynamically
megabri
<p>I'm trying to set up a watermark/background image on one of my master pages. It has to be dynamic though. I have a query that gets back a status of an inspection. If the inspection's status is CLOSED then i don't want the background image to show, otherwise it should display. I found another topic on this forum that said to put</p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;]reportContext.getReportRunnable().getDesignInstance().getMasterPage("MasterPageName").getStyle().backgroundImage = "FileLocation";[/color]</p><p>in the initialize function of my report but then I can't check the status from my query. The aforementioned line of code only seems to work in the initialize function. Anyone have any ideas?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I haven't tried either of these methods but I think the easiest solution here would be to create a computed column. In it you could check the value of status here. And if it equals OPEN then you could set a persistent global variable. You should be able to read this variable from init() since it's be created with the data set.</p><p> </p><p>The other way to do this, and I would think the more proper way, is to use the data engine api from initlize(). You'd need to create a copy of the data set, then execute it, after it's been executed you can loop through the results to look for your value. Take a look at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Simple_Design_Engine_API_(BIRT)'>this
link</a> for more on this.</p><p> </p><p>Let me know if you need help in building an example and I'll see if I can't work one up for you.</p>