Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dinamyc Watermark
kidtorres
<p>Hello all, I´m tryng to add a dinamyc watermark to my report that depends on a result of my dataset.</p><p>In my dataset, called "Query1", I have a column "cambio", if "cambio" == 1 then, I need to show the watermark, but if "cambio" != 1 then, I dont have to put the watermark.</p><p>How can I do this?? I can do it in the Initialize script with the value of a parameter, but I can´t get the result of my data set.</p><p>Thank you in advance.</p><p>Best regards.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>For now, there is this:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/</a></p><p> </p><p>It's
a private API that has been exposed for a while, so it's not guaranteed to be there forever. I also haven't tried it in the latest version, but you could give this a shot. Hopefully if this API goes away there will be another solution available for issues like this.</p><p> </p><p>Good luck. Let me know if you have issues.</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="129216" data-time="1404767588">
<div>
<p>For now, there is this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>It's a private API that has been exposed for a while, so it's not guaranteed to be there forever. I also haven't tried it in the latest version, but you could give this a shot. Hopefully if this API goes away there will be another solution available for issues like this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck. Let me know if you have issues.</p>
<p> </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi, thank you very much for your help. I read what you gave me, but I couldn´t understand how the get the result of a column of a data set.</p>
<p>What I´m doing now is in the Initialize the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>if (row["CAMBIO"] == null ){<br>
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findMasterPage("Simple MasterPage").setProperty("backgroundImage", "Watermark(TIPOCAMBIO).png");<br>
}else {<br>
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findMasterPage("Simple MasterPage").setProperty("backgroundImage", "");<br>
}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>but when I run the report it says: <span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">"ReferenceError: "row" is not defined</span></span>".. instead, if I do it with the value of a parameter it works, but the problem is that I can´t get the result of the data Set.</p>
<p>Thank you very much,</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="129216" data-time="1404767588">
<div>
<p>For now, there is this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>It's a private API that has been exposed for a while, so it's not guaranteed to be there forever. I also haven't tried it in the latest version, but you could give this a shot. Hopefully if this API goes away there will be another solution available for issues like this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck. Let me know if you have issues.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>I could resolve it.. here <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22573549/watermark-in-birt-based-on-parameter'>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22573549/watermark-in-birt-based-on-parameter</a>
; is the resolution. </p>
<p>Thank you very much for your help.</p>
<p>Regards.</p>
mwilliams
<p>I thought you had to have the result of your dataset, that is why I didn't suggest using a parameter. Glad you found a way to get it working.</p>