Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to display Birt Query on Layout
kalpana5
<p>How to retrieve birt Query on Layout to trouble shoot. Please let me know your inputs.Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>In your dataSet's beforeOpen script, you can grab the this.queryText value and store it in a global variable and then display it after an element that uses the dataSet, in a dynamic textbox.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps.</p>
kalpana5
<p>Thanks for the inputs. used setpersistentGlobalvariable as suggested immediately after the query by storing query result in a variable and setting it to persistent global variable in open method, which worked well and displayed the output as expected, but if I set it in before open method using this.Query Text, it is displaying null value which I was not sure of, where I went wrong.</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kalpana5" data-cid="129247" data-time="1404836294">
<div>
<p>Thanks for the inputs. used setpersistentGlobalvariable as suggested immediately after the query by storing query result in a variable and setting it to persistent global variable in open method, which worked well and displayed the output as expected, but if I set it in before open method using this.Query Text, it is displaying null value which I was not sure of, where I went wrong.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
mwilliams
<p>What kind of data source are you using?</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="129250" data-time="1404837065">
<div>
<p>What kind of data source are you using?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>I am using a maximoDatasource.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Ah. I've not used Maximo, so I don't know exactly how that datasource is set up. Sounds more like a scripted datasource. So, you are able to get the value in open?</p>
kalpana5
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="129256" data-time="1404844336">
<div>
<p>Ah. I've not used Maximo, so I don't know exactly how that datasource is set up. Sounds more like a scripted datasource. So, you are able to get the value in open?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Yes it is scripted Datasource, was able to display the sq l query by setting the persistent global variable in open method and retrieving it on the report Layout for troubleshooting. Thanks for the inputs.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Not a problem. Glad it's working.</p>