Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error when setting new server profile
ramyaswamin
<p>Hi ,</p><p> </p><p>I'm new to Birt and I'm exploring how I can have reports done using the Birt tool. I am now going through the document "Actuate Birt Application Developer Guide". I am now on page 30 in the document where it talks about deploying the BIRT application. After I click "Finish" on the window in page 31 (I have the same values as shown in the screen and I have Birt designer installed locally on my machine), I am seeing an error which says:</p><p> </p><p>An operation on the Actuate Server failed.</p><div>Connection refused: connect</div><div> Plug-in Provider: Actuate</div><div> Plug-in ID: com.actuate.istudio.shared</div><div> Error Code: java.net.ConnectException</div><div> </div><div>I'm not sure what I need to do to fix it. I'm stuck here and would appreciate someone's help with this.</div><div> </div><div>Thanks,</div><div>RS</div><div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>So, you have the BDPro trial and the iHub3 trial from the actuate website and you're trying to link them and are getting this error? Is that correct?</p>
ramyaswamin
<p>Hi Michael,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a licensed version of BDPro and IHub3. I was having a wrong server url and that was causing the issue. It is now working for me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>RS</p>
mwilliams
<p>That was going to be my next question. Glad you got it working. Let us know whenever you have questions.
</p>
ramyaswamin
<p>Hi Michael,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is the next issue I'm having. The scenario is this. I am integrating my web application to use Actuate reports and I am using Oracle stored procedures (SP) for generating the data. I was testing with one SP for a report and it was working fine and I was able to see the report getting generated. Today I'm working with a new SP and testing. When I execute the report, I get the below error</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not sure how I should proceed. Also when I execute the SP directly in PL/SQL, the SP is returning rows. Not sure why the Actuate report is throwing this error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<div>Thread 26, CORPVMQA18--2014-07-09 12:55:25--8] 2014-07-09 12:55:28 UTC-0700 com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.BirtUtil.logBirtEngineError()</div>
<div>SEVERE: Cannot fetch the next data row.</div>
<div> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot move down to next row in the result set.</div>
<div>SQL error #1:[ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> </div>
<div> ;</div>
<div> java.sql.SQLException: [ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.OdaDataException: Cannot fetch the next data row.</div>
<div> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot move down to next row in the result set.</div>
<div>SQL error #1:[ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> </div>
<div> ;</div>
<div> java.sql.SQLException: [ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Cannot fetch the next data row.</div>
<div> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot move down to next row in the result set.</div>
<div>SQL error #1:[ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> </div>
<div> ;</div>
<div> java.sql.SQLException: [ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> </div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1245)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1224)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:96)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.emitter.ReportItemEmitterExecutor.execute(ReportItemEmitterExecutor.java:46)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resumeLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:111)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:160)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLRepeatHeaderLM.layoutChildren(HTMLRepeatHeaderLM.java:46)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:48)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBuilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:258)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:272)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:115)</div>
<div>at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.ReportGenerationTask.runTask(ReportGenerationTask.java:1094)</div>
<div>at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.ReportGenerationTask.generateReport(ReportGenerationTask.java:206)</div>
<div>at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.ReportGenerationTaskBase.doTask(ReportGenerationTaskBase.java:157)</div>
<div>at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.Task.execute(Task.java:318)</div>
<div>at com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:808)</div>
<div>at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)</div>
<div>Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.OdaDataException: Cannot fetch the next data row.</div>
<div> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot move down to next row in the result set.</div>
<div>SQL error #1:[ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> </div>
<div> ;</div>
<div> java.sql.SQLException: [ActuateDD][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-08103: object no longer exists</div>
<div> </div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ExceptionHandler.newException(ExceptionHandler.java:52)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ExceptionHandler.throwException(ExceptionHandler.java:108)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ExceptionHandler.throwException(ExceptionHandler.java:84)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ResultSet.fetch(ResultSet.java:143)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.OdiAdapter.fetch(OdiAdapter.java:214)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.RowResultSet.fetch(RowResultSet.java:145)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.RowResultSet.doNext(RowResultSet.java:118)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.RowResultSet.next(RowResultSet.java:96)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.ExpandableRowResultSet.next(ExpandableRowResultSet.java:63)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.populateData(SmartCacheHelper.java:318)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.initInstance(SmartCacheHelper.java:285)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.initOdaResult(SmartCacheHelper.java:154)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.getResultSetCache(SmartCacheHelper.java:79)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCache.<init>(SmartCache.java:58)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassUtil.populateOdiResultSet(PassUtil.java:99)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassUtil.pass(PassUtil.java:62)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateResultSetCacheInResultSetPopulator(PassManager.java:276)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateDataSet(PassManager.java:238)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.prepareDataSetResultSet(PassManager.java:98)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.pass(PassManager.java:134)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateResultSet(PassManager.java:74)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.ResultSetPopulator.populateResultSet(ResultSetPopulator.java:218)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.CachedResultSet.<init>(CachedResultSet.java:102)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.execute(DataSourceQuery.java:1065)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery$OdaDSQueryExecutor.executeOdiQuery(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:607)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:1237)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ServiceForQueryResults.executeQuery(ServiceForQueryResults.java:233)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryResults.getResultIterator(QueryResults.java:178)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.QueryResultSet.<init>(QueryResultSet.java:98)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:168)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine.doExecuteQuery(DataGenerationEngine.java:83)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:275)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1947)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:80)</div>
<div>... 27 more</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I would appreciate your help with this.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>RS</div>
ramyaswamin
<p>Testing another SP is also giving me the same error as mentioned above: I'm still able to see records in PL/SQL DB though:</p>
<p> </p>
<div>I'm really stuck and would like to know how I can proceed. Also is there any way I could reach out directly to you and get this resolved?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,<br>
RS</div>