Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report engine's ExcelRenderOptions
Mayankk
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to use ExcelRenderOptions to generate report in .xls format. I am getting following error:</p>
<p> An error happened while running the report. Cause:: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Report engine fails to initialize org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel emitter, please make sure required libraries for this emitter are installed.</p>
<p> Default Birt XLS Emitter "org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel_2.6.2.r262_v20110215"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I could understand that i need to put the missing jar in /WEB-INF/platform/plugins/ directory, is there anything else is needed ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>I am using iHub3 over Jboss 5.</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>---</p>
<p>However i fail to understand:</p>
<p>1. Why Actuate Viewer's > Export Content > To Excel is working fine? Why it's not cribbing about the same missing jar?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Mayank</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
grather
<p>My guess is there is a different classpath issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When running iHub3 they are running in their own world.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>if you are trying to execute this in your world by running a Report Engine. Maybe on your own JBOSS.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then you are missing the required jar file.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My guess from looking at the limited info is iHub3 is running on their own server.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You are trying to execute a report using your own Report Engine?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gary</p>