Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
modify tabindex order/cursor focus of parameter
birtUser123
<p>Hi, I have a report that has parameters. I need to set the cursor focus to be always on top parameter. I am not sure what is the pattern but I noticed that the only time it <strong>does not </strong>focus on the top order is when the top most parameter is in cascading type, other than that, it sets on first order fine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway I can modify the tab index order or cursor focus order of the parameter ot make sure it always sets to top going down in order? thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I think to do something like this you'll need to either modify the parameters jsp page or <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2007/09/22-birt-tag-library-building-custom.html'>create
a custom parameter page</a>. I'm not sure which jsp page you'd need to modify to do this, so I'd recommend a custom parameter page.</p>
birtUser123
<p>HI, yes I figured that would be the case- to modify the script. I can't do custom parameter as it's not an option. We have tons of reports and chaning to a custom will be an extreme slution. Is there any way aside from editing the script in jsp? Is there a script I can write to in the report itself or a proeprty I can tweak? thanks</p>
kclark
<p>I haven't tried it but you might be able to set focus on specific parameters by grabbing the ID of the parameter names. I'll see if I can't write an example for this and let you know, I'm just not sure where to place the JS since the parameter screen is executed before anything inside of the report.</p>