Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to get scheduling details of actuate report(.rptdesign) using idapi
obu
<p>hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> I'm using IDAPI to get scheduling details of actuate report (.rptdesign) like scheduling type(once,runnow,weekly,...) and all other details. I cant able to get this information. Will anyone help on this issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Obu</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>If you have a list of scheduled jobs via <strong>SelectJobSchedules </strong>IDAPI (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ManualsIHUB3/ihub-integration-guide.pdf?page=691'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ManualsIHUB3/ihub-integration-guide.pdf?page=691)</a>
, then you can pass the ID of the job to <strong>GetJobDetails </strong>IDAPI <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ManualsIHUB3/ihub-integration-guide.pdf#page=656'>(http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ManualsIHUB3/ihub-integration-guide.pdf#page=656</a>).</p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Sample <strong>SelectJobSchedules </strong>raw SOAP request:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:act="http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11">
<soapenv:Header>
<AuthId>the_AuthID_from_Login_IDAPI</AuthId>
<TargetVolume>your_target_volume_here</TargetVolume>
<Locale>en_US</Locale>
</soapenv:Header>
<soapenv:Body>
<act:SelectJobSchedules>
<act:ResultDef>
<act:String>JobId</act:String>
<act:String>JobName</act:String>
<act:String>JobType</act:String>
<act:String>InputFileName</act:String>
<act:String>NextStartTime</act:String>
<act:String>RequestedOutputFileName</act:String>
<act:String>State</act:String>
</act:ResultDef>
<act:Search>
<act:ConditionArray>
<act:JobScheduleCondition>
<act:Field>JobName</act:Field>
<act:Match>*</act:Match>
</act:JobScheduleCondition>
<act:JobScheduleCondition>
<act:Field>State</act:Field>
<act:Match>Scheduled</act:Match>
</act:JobScheduleCondition>
</act:ConditionArray>
<act:FetchSize>150</act:FetchSize>
<act:FetchDirection>false</act:FetchDirection>
</act:Search>
</act:SelectJobSchedules>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope></pre>
<p>Sample <strong>GetJobDetails </strong>request:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:act="http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11">
<soapenv:Header>
<AuthId>the_AuthID_from_Login_IDAPI</AuthId>
<TargetVolume>your_target_volume_here</TargetVolume>
<Locale>en_US</Locale>
</soapenv:Header>
<soapenv:Body>
<act:GetJobDetails>
<act:JobId>1234567890</act:JobId>
<act:ResultDef>
<act:String>InputDetail</act:String>
<act:String>Status</act:String>
<act:String>Schedules</act:String>
<act:String>WaitForEvent</act:String>
<act:String>ReportParameters</act:String>
<act:String>Query</act:String>
</act:ResultDef>
<act:GroupingEnabled>true</act:GroupingEnabled>
</act:GetJobDetails>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope></pre>
<p>Sample <strong>GetJobDetails</strong> response (with just Schedule info):</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soapenv:Body>
<GetJobDetailsResponse xmlns="http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11">
<JobAttributes>
<JobId>1234567890</JobId>
<JobName>My Daily Scheduled Job</JobName>
...
</JobAttributes>
<InputDetail>
...
</InputDetail>
<Schedules>
<TimeZoneName>America/Chicago</TimeZoneName>
<ScheduleDetails>
<JobScheduleDetail>
<ScheduleType>Daily</ScheduleType>
<ScheduleStartDate>2014-07-07</ScheduleStartDate>
<DatesExcluded/>
<Daily>
<FrequencyInDays>1</FrequencyInDays>
<Repeat>
<StartTime>00:01:30</StartTime>
<EndTime>23:59:00</EndTime>
<IntervalInSeconds>7200</IntervalInSeconds>
</Repeat>
</Daily>
</JobScheduleDetail>
</ScheduleDetails>
</Schedules>
<NotifyUsers/>
<NotifyGroups/>
<NotifyChannels/>
</GetJobDetailsResponse>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
</pre>
obu
<p>hi Wong,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Its working perfectly for schedule type Daily, Weekly and Monthly scheduling of actuate report. When schedule with Once, I can get the Absolute Date and all details related to this scheduling before the job completed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> But the issue is when job completed in ONCE then how I can get the scheduling info. And how I can get RunNow scheduling information from the report if it is scheduled as RunNow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Obu</p>
gsekar
<div>Hi Obu,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I am looking for same request which is to get the scheduling details. Could you please provide me the sample example?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna</div>
JFreeman
<p>Guna,</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">What version of BIRT and the iHub/iServer are you using?</span></p>
gsekar
<div>Hi Jesse,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I am using BIRT Report Version: 11.0.3 and iServer Version: 11 Service Pack 3. Could you please provide me sample BIRT Report?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna </div>
JFreeman
<p>Guna,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have answered your question and attached a sample report in the thread you created for this question: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36293-get-iserver-schedule-details/?p=134702'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36293-get-iserver-schedule-details/?p=134702</a></p>
;
gsekar
<div>Hi Jesse,</div>
<div> </div>
<div> I have included all of the IDAPI library jars as resources for the report design from lib folder and also build the IDAPI Wrapper into a jar then included into report design resources and changed the server URL, user, password, and volume name.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> I ran the report locally and getting the error like 'Report generation failed. Cause: Unhandled exception when executing script' if I use 'Packages.com.actuate.aces.idapi.Authenticator'. Could you please help me to resolve this error? </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna.</div>
JFreeman
<p>Try importing it as a class first then accessing it without the Packages and full class syntax.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
importClass(Packages.com.actuate.aces.idapi.Authenticator);
auth = new Authenticator(SERVER_URL, ADMIN_USER, ADMIN_PASSWORD, VOLUME); </pre>
gsekar
<div>Hi Jesse,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I tried it. But still I am getting same error.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div>Guna</div>
JFreeman
<p>Can you attach the full stack trace you are receiving?</p>