Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
query text and property binding?
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to add a dynamic where clause to a dataset by using the property binding to add the whereclause parameter to the query</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My question is how does the property binding works with the actual query that is written in the <strong>Query </strong>section of dataset? Does is it override the whole query in the actual <strong>Query </strong>section of datase?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I have a long query syntax and I want to add a dynamic where clause to it, do I have to copy the whole query syntax from <strong>Query</strong> of dataset to the text of property binding? My understanding is that I have to copy the whole query and then add the whereclause paramter to it in the property binding as it is going to override the whole query of dataset.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please correct me if I am wrong</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Yeah. I think if you used the property binding, you'd have to paste the whole query in. You could add the where statement in the beforeOpen script with something like:<br><br>this.queryText = this.queryText + " where...";<br><br>Or is that a problem? Let me know.
Arif shah
<p>Hi mwilliams,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Many Thanks for the explanation. I just wanted to confirm how it works. One more question. Is It necessary to put the whole script in a single line in the javascript of property binding? If I copy a formatted query which has multiple lines, the script only accepts the first line or I have to put quotes " around each line for the whole code to work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is that the only way to make it work or is there any way around for this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Arif</p>
mwilliams
Yeah, you'll need to either remove the line breaks or add the quotes to each line, probably.