Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to upload and where to load JDBC into F-Type BIRT iHub
ahsiang
<p>Hi, experts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have gotten the ID and password to login to the CentOS VM with F-Type BIRT iHub. I have created a report using Open Source BIRT 4.2 (Kepler) connecting to a MSSQL Server via JDBC connection. How can I upload the JDBC jar file and where is the location for the file to be place in? What privilege shall I give to the jar file? 777? 733?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
janderegg
<p>Hi Ahsiang,</p>
<p>The jar file will need to be copied in the folder \iHub\Jar\BIRT\platform\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_4.2.3.v20140625-0330\drivers</p>
<p>Giving the file a 777 will ensure it works. I don't have a Linux installation of f-type to confirm unfortunately.</p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Joel</p>
micajblock
<p>Use WinSCP or Filezilla to use secure ftp via port 22, login as birt/birtftype. Then navigate to the folder that Joel mentioned, upload the file into that folder. The file owner now should be birt. Next use chmod 733 sqljdbc.jar to allow file execution. Restart iHub (see this FAQ on how to do that <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihubftype3/help/faq/index.html#page/Freemium-FAQ/FAQ-Prerequisites.1.06.html#ww154137'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihubftype3/help/faq/index.html#page/Freemium-FAQ/FAQ-Prerequisites.1.06.html#ww154137</a>)
and the report should run. </p>
ahsiang
Yes. It works. Thanks guy.