Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
drilldown from barchart to another report?
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have added a drill down to a bar chart by going to format, y value series, interactivity, on click hyperlink and selected drilldown. I have selected the parameters etc and thats it. When I go to the chart, the bars are not clickable for drilldown.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I run the report in preview, the clicks seem to work fine but they don't work if I run it in external browser. Also, I would like to drilldown to new report in the same window rather than opening a new window. How do I do that?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Syed</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What version of BIRT? Which browser and version? Can you send your report design?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
SailRCG
<p>Syed, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>When you try in a browser, try the report in a previous browser version using compatability mode or document version IE 10 or earlier. I've seen some issue with IE 11 and newer versions of Chrome lately. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Additionally, as for opening in new versus same or parent window; when you define the hyplerlink interaction you will choose the "Target" by dropdown list... (Blank, Parent, Self,Top), here is where you pick the window action. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks, </p>
<p>
RG</p>
Arif shah
<p>I am using firefox latest and chrome etc. The strange thing is that if I put the rptdesign on birtviewer and access it, the tooltip and drilldown works and the bars are clickable. However, If I run the rptdesign in designer/webviewer, the bars are not clickable. They are clickable in preview though. I have tried all browsers and none of them work if I run the report in designer</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As for the drilldown in the same window, I have noticed that under the hyperlink, If I select URL, I can chose the target whether blank, self etc, but If I chose drilldown, there is no such option. Please see the attached image</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Syed</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Use the scrollbar to navigate to the bottom of the window. You will find the radio buttons for the Show Target Report In parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>