Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with java heap memory×
kikyns
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am working with Birt 4.2.1 and all reports working fine. But when we update to version 4.3.2 the report we starting to failed. The server is the same, the bbdd is the same, only we have changed the version of the BIRT.</p>
<p>The error is "<strong>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space</strong>"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>does any memory error in the version 4.3.1?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks and regards</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your heap space setting? Have you tried increasing it just a bit to see if that solves the issue or if it just pushes the failure out a bit more?<br><br>Did you ever monitor how much of your heap you were typically using before?
kikyns
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem is that the server and the JDK is 32 bits and I can not increase the heap memory more than 1Gb. Now, we have configure de java with this parameters set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So i do not understand that with the version 4.2.1 of Birt, those reports working fine with the same configuration.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
kikyns
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have downloaded the VisualVM and I have checked the memory of heap. In those Graphs, I have executed the same report but the only diference is the version of birt.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is very rare the memory consumption
kikyns
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In other machine with 64 bits, I have increased the heap memory to 2048 mb so the reports is working fine. I put this parameters in the java options.<span style="font-size:11pt;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"> </span></span></p>
<p>JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But this solution does not work since the server is of 32 bits.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Colud you help my? What can I do?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
mwilliams
No other changes were made to your installation besides the BIRT version for those graphs in the doc above? What output are you running to?