Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 3.7.1 Report Designer popup Parameter Selection Page with no Content
Xuechang
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Recently I ran a report with a required parameter on Birt 3.7.1 Report Designer. The problem is after I run as either HTML, PDF from report designer, the Parameter Selection Page is popup but there is no parameter field you can select or fill in. It just a blank page. I re-installed the 3.7.1 report desingner based on Maximo recent doc and configured, the result is the same. I am not sure what causes this. From Data Set I created, I can click Preview Results to view the result (SQL is good).</p>
<p>I even changed the Eclipse Web Browser to use either System Browser or External browser, the result is the same.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there any idea or suggestion about this problem?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Report Designer is on my local work station with Windows 7. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you ahead!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Richard</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. After I click the Preview Results from DataSet and display the result, I click OK button to dismiss the dataset, There is error in DOS Prompt that "mxReportScriptContent" is not defined. See attached.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
UtahJerry
<p>I am having the same issue for all reports. I am converting 2.6.1 and Actuate 10 reports to 3.7.1 and I get the Parameter Popup, but it is empty. I tried creating a new report and get the same results. I have also created a simple report using the sample database and get the same results. I downloaded and tried the same reports with 3.7.2 and the same thing happens with it. I am also running Windows 7 with Oracle 11g. -- Jerry</p>
vijj
<p>Try to add following 2 rows to the eclipse.ini (in the eclipse folder) and check Default System Browser:</p>
<p> </p>
<div>-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=ie,mozilla</div>
<div>-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=7000</div>
Xuechang
<p>Thank you for the reply!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did add these two lines at the end of eclipse.ini file before but it did not solve the problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today I found out it is IE version 11 causing problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I uninstalled the IE 11. Birt 3.7.1 parameter dialog popups now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Richard</p>
wwilliams
<p>We just upgraded to IE 11 and had the same issues. I added</p>
<div>-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=ie,mozilla</div>
<div>-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=9999</div>
<div>to the eclipse.ini file and then added 127.0.0.1 to the compatibility websites and also checked display intranet sites in Compatibility View.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I forgot to add; in eclipse -> Window -> Preferences -> Report Design ->Preview Check the use external browsers box</div>