<p>hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Im trying to use Connection Pool for datasource. Connection information is different for different env, DEV, PROD..I have a web application and standalone application that use a common set of rptdesigns</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. dynamic JNDI URL parameter will not work here,because There I don't have a IntialContext in Standalone application</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
2. Connection Profile will not work because I want to use connection pool</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> Tried the approach mentioned in <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.hk/2007/01/birt-connection-pooling-continued.html'>http://birtworld.blogspot.hk/2007/01/birt-connection-pooling-continued.html</a><br>
Then too, the<strong> rptdesign is creating a connection with the default information mentioned in Driver class and URL. The call is not intercepted with the overridden class.</strong></p>
<p>I have added connection object across "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.subjdbc.SubOdaJdbcDriver" an appcontext, Placed the downloaded plugin jar in Plugins folder. I have a standalone test class that does initial engine stuff and</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
report =
engine.openReportDesign("C:/workspace/BIRT/reports/ConnectionPoolTest1.rptdesign");IRunAndRenderTask
runAndRenderTask = engine.createRunAndRenderTask(rptdesign);
appConfig.put(
"org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.subjdbc.SubOdaJdbcDriver", getDBCPConnection()
);
runAndRenderTask.setAppContext(appConfig);
runAndRenderTask.run();
runAndRenderTask.close();</pre>
<p>
Any idea why the new class is not intercepting the getConnection() call. How can we ,make sure that BIRT has visibility to the new plugin added ?</p>
<p>Any help is appreciated..</p>
<p>Thanks,<br>
Vishnupriya</p>