Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Number formatting in cube/crosstab
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have written the following expression in cube summary field</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
Formatter.format(dataSetRow["Budget"],"$#,###.00")</pre>
<p>However, when I run the report, I get an error that cannot convert $2,000 to double. When I try to remove the $ from the format and then run the report, I do not see the thousand seperator comma and the decimal point. I simply see 2000 and so on in the measure</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can someone please tell me how to format numbers and dates in cubes/crosstabs</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't understand your need for scripting to format numbers and dates. Would the Format Number or Format Date Time properties of the crosstab data item not work? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I could not find custom formatting option in the data item. I could change the data type of data item in crosstab but I could not find any option for formatting it. Please see the attached snapshot and tell me where do I put the formatting in data item</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Syed</p>
Arif shah
<p>Ok got it..it's under property editor.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Arif</p>