Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Executing a DataSet and getting ResultSet
vondzagen
<p>Hello all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have managed o create a DataSet as defined here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3244468/how-to-set-a-datasource-for-a-birt-report-programmatically'>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3244468/how-to-set-a-datasource-for-a-birt-report-programmatically</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>How can I execute this Dataset and getting a ResultSet? I don't want to use this dataset in any widget (table, chart...).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a ton for your help</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Vondzagen</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
One way would be to bind it to a hidden text box within your report design. That will force the dataSet to execute. Another that's currently available is the Data Engine API. This is a private API that has been exposed for a while, so there is no guarantee that it will always be available.<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/822-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values/</a>
;