Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Month report in arrears
Frisky
<p>Hi all</p>
<p>Ok I'm sure this will be easy for you experts...</p>
<p>How do I report on data that only covers 'last month'?</p>
<p>What I'd like to do is report on all data between eg 1 July and 31 July. Then of course it'd report data from 1 August to 31 August.</p>
<p>I will run this automatically via Open Objects on the 1st of each month, so it would simply run July on Aug 1 and so on. Essentially I want to filter out all data apart from the last full calendar month.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For Info the report would look similar to below:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Contact Subject Direction Medium User No. of contacts</span></span></strong></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Sales Incoming Call SR 5</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Sales Incoming E-mail TW 4</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Sales Incoming E-mail BG 7</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Sales Outgoing E-mail FC 6</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;"> </span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">At the bottom I'll add sub totals for each subject and a grand total but I'm ok with that.</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Thanks </span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;"> </span></span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rgleason
<p>This can be done in a couple places; </p>
<p> </p>
<p>1 - You can write your query to simply get the full prior month in the result set using date math. This way you'll need to execute the report every month on the first of the month. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>2 - You can filter the data in the data set based on system date, again executing on the first of the month. Or rather than system date, you can utilize a parameter and perform date math on the parameter value to obtain the previous month first day and previous day relative to the date parameter value. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the second case, I have an example report if you'd like for me to share that. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ralph G</p>
Frisky
<p>Hi</p>
<p>A sample of option 2 to look at would be brilliant. I'm still getting to grips with the system and I'm learning all the time. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Many Thanks</p>
rgleason
<p>The example report is attached. Import it directly into your BIRT Designer. I am using BIRT Designer Pro. Version 4.2. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>RG
Frisky
<p>Hi</p>
<p>This works brilliant! Thanks! All I have to do is make this feature work with Open Objects to schedule an automatic monthly report.....erm</p>
<p>Cheers</p>
rgleason
<p>If you want to use scheduling, you will either use iHub and schedule report execution and output format, or you will use some kind of cron job scheduler and execute via a command line. You may also need to control the anchor date if you want the "previous month" to be relative to something other than system date. </p>