Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can I improve the dashboard loading performance?
ahsiang
Hi, I am trying out the dashboard and BIRT studio features. I managed to create a data object using BIRT Designer Professional. When I tried creating a new dashboard the chart took a tad longer than my expectation to load. How can I improve on the performance? I am using Windows Server 2008 with 16gb RAM.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p><strong><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Increasing memory for BIRT iHub F-Type processes on Windows</span></span></strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">By default, F-Type ships with a “small†template setting -- main processes max out @ 512 MB. To change the memory footprint of the process to a “large†setting (main process max out @ 2 GB), follow these steps:</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">1. Stop the Windows Service - <strong>Actuate iHub3 Service</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">2. Navigate to <strong>C:\Actuate\BIRTiHub\BIRTiHub\iHub\etc</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">3. Using a text editor, edit the file <strong>acpmdconfig.xml</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">4. Change the </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">line <em>(located under the <span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><!-- BIRT Service information --> </span>section)</em> from:</span></span></p>
<p> <span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;"><Property Name="CapacityTemplate" Value="small"/></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">To:</span></span></p>
<p> <span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;"><Property Name="CapacityTemplate" Value="large"/></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">5. Save the file</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">6. Restart the Windows Service - <strong>Actuate iHub3 Service</strong></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Another setting is "medium", where the main processes will max @ 1 GB each.</span></span></p>