Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
upgrade birt from 3.7 to 4.4
gavin.zhu
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was using birt (version 3.7) in my J2EE projet. Because the customers need to export the reports to xlsx format, I select to upgrade birt to 4.4. I deleted all the related birt jars in the /web-inf/lib path and replaced them with birt 4.4 jars. But after the changes above, when I entered all the reports displaying pages, I apparently found the exception on the web pages:</p>
<p> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: A BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information. TypeError: Cannot find function parse in object.</p>
<p> ....</p>
<p>Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: A BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information.TypeError: Cannot find function parse in object.</p>
<p>...</p>
<p>Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot find function parse in object</p>
<p> at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError(ScriptRuntime.java:3654)</p>
<p> at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError(ScriptRuntime.java:3632)</p>
<p> at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError(ScriptRuntime.java:3660)</p>
<p> at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError(ScriptRuntime.java:3679)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.notFunctionError(ScriptRuntime.java: 3743)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getPropFunctionAndThisHelper(ScriptRuntime.java: 2247)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getPropFunctionAndThis(ScriptRuntime.java: 2214)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpretLoop(Interpreter.java:3143)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:2487)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.call(InterpretedFunction.java: 164)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java: 398)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java: 3065)</p>
<p>at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.exec(InterpretedFunction.java: 175)</p>
<p>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.BytecodeExpression.evaluate(BytecodeExpression.java:49)</p>
<p>...77 more</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I cannot find any exception from the birt log files, the exception only alert and displayed on the web. I can't find the proper solution for the issue currently.</p>
<p>Could you please give me some help??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
<p>Gavin</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Is that the entire stack? If all you're trying to do is use xlsx, you could just use the spudsoft excel emitters for 3.7. That is the emitter used in the latest versions.<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/overview'>https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/overview</a>
;