Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT, KNIME and TOMCAT
Brian.Muchmore
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to view a BIRT report created in KNIME remotely through the webviewer using TOMCAT. I can view the BIRT test.rptdesign file remotely in the BIRT webserver using TOMCAT, but if I try to drop a .rptdesign file created by KNIME into the TOMCAT webapps directory I get the following error:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><b><span>org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details: Cannot find or process the com.knime.oda.data.source driver's data source extension configuration. Cannot find the ODA dataSource extension (com.knime.oda.data.source). Check the workspace log file for any problems with loading the extension bundle and its dependencies.</span></b></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Of course this dependency error doesn't surprise me. I am also aware that KNIME has a server option for purchase, but I am thousands and thousands of euros away from being able to afford that. Anyway, after hours of trying various things, I can't get it to work for the life of me, but I am now at least familiar with various BIRT configuration files. However, I am still at a loss as to how BIRT and KNIME communicate with each other, and how I can leverage their communication to deploy a KNIME-made BIRT report over a server using the BIRT webviewer. Any hint of any kind would be super appreciated. Thanks for reading this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Brian Muchmore</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
It looks like it's not able to find the plug-ins for the KNIME specific datasource. It needs to be available to BIRT to connect to the data in KNIME. If they have a server, this would already be set up for deploying in their environment. Creating your own with Tomcat would require you to have that ODA extension plug-in.
Brian.Muchmore
<p>Thanks for the answer, Michael. I was fishing for someone who could give me a step-by-step - since everything I have tried has failed - but I have decided to just use the programs separately of each other instead of trying to force a square peg though a round hole. Thanks again for the support.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Brian Muchmore</p>
mwilliams
If what I was talking about was correct, you'd just need to find a copy of the ODA plug-in jar file and drop it in your plug-ins folder in your web viewer deployment. It sounds like you have a workable solution though. Let us know whenever you have questions.
kusuma
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Did you get any solution for this problem? I have also same problem. I got the same error whenever I am trying to publish knime birt report in report server. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> I searched a lot for com.knime.oda.data.source jar file. But I didn't find any one. If you have any solution for this please help me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Kusuma.</p>