Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Turn off logging in the viewer.properties file
gavrielkay
<p>Hi all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used to be able to remove a few lines in the viewer.properties file and get no BIRT logging from running report. In version 4.3.2 though, I can't seem to turn it all off. When I run reports I get lots of these messages:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>[7/28/14 12:56:08:696 PDT] 00000072 DataSourceQue I ODA query execution time: 4 ms<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:748 PDT] 00000072 SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:750 PDT] 00000072 SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:811 PDT] 00000072 SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:812 PDT] 00000072 SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:842 PDT] 00000072 QueryResults I ODI query execution: 182 ms<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:930 PDT] 00000072 SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:931 PDT] 00000072 SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:08:935 PDT] 00000072 QueryResults I ODI query execution: 13 ms<br>
[7/28/14 12:56:09:005 PDT] 00000072 SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can I get rid of those statements cluttering up the logs? I run BIRT using the webviewerexample dropped into my larger EAR file. I call the frameset servlet with my parameters loaded up in the request, not by programmatically setting values, so I don't think solutions like <span>config.setLogConfig(null, Level.OFF) will work for me.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>Jessica</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Have you gone into the Sample Viewer's web.xml and set the logging to OFF? You'd look for this:<br><br><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0">
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL</param-name>
<param-value>WARNING</param-value>
</context-param>
</pre>And change WARNING to OFF. Let me know.
gavrielkay
<p>I had that set already, sadly that doesn't prevent the log spam from the reports. I remember in previous versions I had to remove a few log lines in the viewer.properties file, but doing that hasn't fixed it this time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any other ideas?
</p>
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. You might check the bugs and log a bug for this to see what they say. Setting the logs to "OFF" should turn them off completely, I would think.
mwilliams
The viewer.properties logging lines having to do with the ODA seem to be the ones that would output the lines you're showing. If leaving this to default and having the web.xml setting to Off doesn't work, definitely log a but for this.
gavrielkay
<p>I have this in viewer.properties:</p>
<p> </p>
<p># [LOGGERS]<br>
# "logger."+class=level<br>
# if no level is specified or the text "DEFAULT",<br>
# then the default level from the web.xml will be used<br>
logger.org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda=OFF<br>
logger.org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda=OFF</p>
<p> </p>
<p>previously I tried:</p>
<p># [LOGGERS]<br>
# "logger."+class=level<br>
# if no level is specified or the text "DEFAULT",<br>
# then the default level from the web.xml will be used</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also have this in web.xml:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> <!-- Report engine log level --><br>
<context-param><br>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL</param-name><br>
<param-value>OFF</param-value><br>
</context-param></p>
<p> </p>
<p>And I'm still seeing hundreds of lines in the system.out file for the web application when running a report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>[8/7/14 14:00:54:643 PDT] 0000006b DataSourceQue I ODA query execution time: 2 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:668 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:668 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:684 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:684 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:689 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 57 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:750 PDT] 0000006b DataSourceQue I ODA query execution time: 0 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:752 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:752 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:752 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 3 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:760 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:761 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:761 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 2 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:777 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:778 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:778 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 2 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:790 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:791 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:791 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 2 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:797 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:797 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:798 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 2 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:805 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:805 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:806 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 2 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:815 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:815 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:54:816 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 5 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:141 PDT] 0000006b DataSourceQue I ODA query execution time: 0 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:145 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:145 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:153 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:154 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:154 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 14 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:169 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:169 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:170 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 3 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:288 PDT] 0000006b DataSourceQue I ODA query execution time: 0 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:289 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:289 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:296 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:296 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:371 PDT] 0000006b QueryResults I ODI query execution: 85 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:474 PDT] 0000006b DataSourceQue I ODA query execution time: 0 ms<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:476 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:476 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:478 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I MemoryCache is used<br>
[8/7/14 14:00:55:479 PDT] 0000006b SmartCache I Time consumed by cache is: 0 second</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Where would I file a bug if that is one?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jessica</p>
mwilliams
And you've tried setting them to DEFAULT with logging off in the web.xml so they default to that setting instead of removing the lines or setting them to OFF specifically? If not, can you try that? If you have, will you please file a bug in the bugzilla.<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/community/'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/community/</a>
;
gavrielkay
<p>OK, I tried that and I still get the logging. Could there be settings in the plugins folders for those packages? Do you know what packages that output belongs to?</p>