Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Runtime on ZOS
Tomwill1701
<p>I have BIRT runtime installed and running on ZOS USS Java.</p>
<p>It is very slow. I am using a small development machine but things that take 30 seconds on a PC take 5 minutes on Zos. Maybe just Java on zos?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The job I run has cards that has a</p>
<p> </p>
<p>--file</p>
<p> </p>
<p>statement. Can I get one run of BIRT to process more than one report? I have three reports that need to run each day and I would rather have them done in one job step</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Tom</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you starting/creating and shutting down/destroying the platform and engine for each report? If so, you should switch this to start your platform and create the engine at startup of your application and then run your report tasks, then, when you're going to shut your app down, destroy the engine and shut down the platform. If you're doing the start up and shut down each time, this will greatly improve your efficiency.
Tomwill1701
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't really have any control on the engine. </p>
<p>In zos java can be run as a batch job. The job starts and I tell it what java program to run.</p>
<p>I can then pass parms using MAINARGS.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the MAINARGS I have</p>
<p> </p>
<p>--format PDF</p>
<p>--file ****</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was just wondering if there is any way to pass more than one file name per run?</p>
mwilliams
If you're using the genReport command line utility that comes with the report engine, I don't believe it can take multiple reports in the report parameter, but I could be wrong. You'd likely have to edit the source for this or write your own.