Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Calendar Chart
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to achieve something similar to the attached calendar chart. Can someone guide me how to create this kind of chart in Birt</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>here is an example to do a calendar for one month.</p>
<p>In your case, you'll need to modify it a little bit to add the week column and to do it on several month.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
GLO_FR
<p>Here is the same one modified to have several month</p>
<p> </p>
mwilliams
Here's an old calendar devshare. I haven't looked at Guillaume's, but I'm guessing his is less complex. Just thought I'd throw it out as an option.
<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/443-birt-calendar-view-report/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/443-birt-calendar-view-report/</a><br><br>I've
done one using a crosstab before, too, but I think it just got posted in the forums, not in the devshare. I'd have to find it.
Arif shah
<p>Hi Glo_FR,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Many Thanks for the example that you provided. I tried to update example a bit but it did not work for me. I have a table that contains All the dates, days, years etc that you have used in the table. The calendar shows the dates, months etc fine and its works good for me</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, Instead of highlighting the usual weekends, I would like to conditionally highlight the cell background based on rotating shifts. An employee might have five working days and three days weekend so his weekend rotates in the weeks. I would like to highlight the those offdays as green.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Basically I have two extra columns. One is Shift Day (that shows whether its a working day or weekend for the employee) and another field called leavetypeid that shows whether the user had a sick day or other vacations.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So if it is a regular day off (weekend), make the background green. If its sick, make it orange etc and if its a vacation, make it yellow</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is some sample data</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Arif</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>the easiest solution is to create a computed column which will define the background color of your cell depending of your business rules.</p>
<p>After that, you will only have to apply this specific color.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Check this example based on your data with 4 different backgrounds : blank, orange if sick, yellow if vacation, green if off on a week-end</p>
Arif shah
<p>Many Thanks. It works perfect. If I wanted to show the whole calendar on one page, (not every month on next page), what property should I set?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Arif</p>
GLO_FR
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Hi</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">on the table/the group section, if you go to the page break section of the property editor, you can set the page break interval to 0. </span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Then, there will be no pagination within this table. </span></p>