Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
modify tooltip display of combobox parameter
Rahul Kushwaha
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to modify combobox parameter tooltip value.</p>
<p>Scanario is that combobox display value have around 200 character and it is taking whole window width .</p>
<p>so make design proper I changed display value which include some start and last character alongwith middle "..." but i want to display exact value in tooltip.</p>
<p>please help !!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks !!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You may have to make a custom parameter page to do this or modify the viewer parameter page code to get this effect. I've not tried it before, so I don't know this for sure, but it would seem that way.<br><br>Here's a custom parameter page blog done by kclark:<br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.actuate.com/custom-parameter-pages/'>http://blogs.actuate.com/custom-parameter-pages/</a>
;
Rahul Kushwaha
<p>Thanks <span style="font-size:14px;">Michael </span>for the reply !!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">I am using </span>Eclipse <span style="font-size:14px;">birt </span>2.3. to design the report and actuate server to deploy and execute the report .</p>
<p>In eclipse the report files are independent for any server configuration and I am unable to use birt tag library to run jsp as a parameter file as mention in your suggestion.</p>
<p>is there any other way to solve this issue ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks !!!</p>
mwilliams
There isn't any scripting you can do in the design for the parameters in 2.3 besides the validate. What version of Actuate's server are you using? Do you have the JavaScript API available in the version you have? If so, you should be able to set up your own custom parameter page with that. A last option could be to create a custom parameter report to call your full report.
Rahul Kushwaha
<p>Hi <span style="font-size:14px;">Michael ,</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using <span style="color:#ff0000;">Actuate 11S3</span> and In eclipse 2.3, I don't have JavaScript API. and</p>
<p>so it means i can't do anything to modify parameter tooltip
.</p>
mwilliams
You could create a custom parameter page on your own without the help of the JavaScript API. You'd just need to create your own parameter page with your own calls to build your drop downs and such, then call your report from it. You might look into seeing if you have access to the existing parameter page code to be able to modify the way long parameter values are handled. Unfortunately, I don't have an old copy of the iServer to check this out for you. You may be able to use the web services API to do something for this, though I'm not certain on that. I might be able to find a copy of 11SP3 to help check this out. Let me know if you figure anything out.